Saturday, May 16, 2009

Let There Be Light

More than a year ago my friend Chris gave me a low-voltage landscape
lighting kit for Christmas. The box had been sitting in my basement
until yesterday when I finally realized that having some nice soft
light around the front yard would look great. Actually, I've known all
along that it would look great, it's just been finding the time.

The installation is very simple, here's the quick and dirty play by
play. Assemble lights. Drill small hole in exterior house siding to
access the basement. Run electrical wire through hole into basement
and connect to transformer. Run cable outside. Put lights in ground.
Clip lights into electrical wire. Turn on.


The transformer in the basement has a timer which is set to switch on
this evening around 9:00. I have yet to see these lights at night, I
can't wait for dusk. I'll post another photo of the lights in action.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I bet Chris will be happy to see you're using them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these exact ones in my front yard and they give a lovely light; a former boyfriend installed them and they're lasting longer than he did!

    ReplyDelete