Friday, May 15, 2009

It's About to Get Hot

The weatherman is predicting temperatures in the upper 80's or even 90
this weekend, which has made me thankful for the drip irrigation I
installed last year. The whole set up was easier than I anticipated to
install and it's wonderful to be able to have that on autopilot.


You can see in the photo that the black drip tubing is snaking around
the beds. We have two types of drip heads: the first is the drip hose
with water holes every 6" apart. The second drip method is actually a
little 360 degree sprinkler head, it's great for broader coverage.


This entire line (plus drip for the hops) runs off one faucet from the
back of the house. All of our backyard yard plants are watered by
hand, though I'd love to get them on a drip system. Does anyone know
how much it would cost a plummer to add an outside faucet at the SW
corner of the house.

2 comments:

  1. I think plumbers charge different rates depending on whether they have a yacht payment due.

    Seriously, I imagine that Craig's list would have plumber listings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had the faucet installed on the balcony in Paris, it involved a day's work, welding together about 10 yards of metal pipe and drilling through 2 wall. The plumber charged me around 500 euros if I'm not mistaken, materials included. So I bet it'd be less than that for you if you've got a pipe near where you want to install the faucet.

    ReplyDelete