Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bigger Every Day

The back yard plant is still producing flowers which I thought would
have stopped a while ago, but the bumble bee doesn't seem to mind one
bit. I watched him fly in there and just dive face first into the
pollen pool below. He seemed pretty excited after emerging, covered.

It has also been a while since I've posted a 3D photo and I was
inspired to take one again this morning when I saw this scene. This is
the bigger pumpkin, 39", that's along the backyard fence. Also the
yellow flower that's in the photo is where the bee was. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a good photo showing depth. I finally got my eyes to cross.... It's been a long day. Experiencing it in 3D shows much more depth than just seeing the 2D version. The leaf and flower are so much closer than the pumpkin. Your description of the excited bee is great. He was probably eager to get back to the hive to share his find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin is looking good. And nice 3D photo! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fun on the 3D pic- is that with the canon? Mine stopped with the flowers weeks ago. I think I messed up on some fertilizer or something... our squash are doing great, though, producing lots of flowers and fruits (lots of bees in there doing the pollinating for us).

    ReplyDelete