Sunday, July 26, 2009

Heat Wave

(Be sure to keep checking the Pumpkin stats link over in the upper right of this page. It's updated daily)


There's a heat wave going on in Portland right now, and everything is
slowing down. Mensa is especially lethargic, as you can see from the
photo and I installed our window air conditioner in the down stairs
guest room where we've been sleeping.

The upcoming temperature predictions are into the 100s, which is
unusual for Portland. We break 100 a couple times a year, if that. The
plants in the garden are doing really well, as the automatic drip
system I installed last year is keeping everything hydrated, with
minimal effort. It works so well, in fact, that this afternoon I
extended the drip system to the south side of the back yard. I
specifically wanted to hook up drippers to the first pumpkin plant and
the four bamboo containers running along the side fence. I even had
enough of the black tubing to run the system into the back fence area,
for future drip hookup.


All is installed now and working well. I like to think that the couple
hours I spent getting it all connected and running pays off as extra
hammok time down the road, something that sounds really nice right
about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment