Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back In The Game

Don't count me out just yet! My second plant, the one along the back fence that didn't produce any female pumpkin flowers all season, decided very late in the game to finally put out. So for the past three weeks I have been babying the he'll out of this pumpkin. This means: extra water, weekly potassium rich foliar feedings, weekly anti powdery mildew spraying and finally, my patented extra solar exposure with a mirror method.

The diameter measurement is currently 29" and growing. Chris has a few up at and above 40" so I still have a long way to go this late in the game. I'm at least banking on not coming in last place.

Grow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's good news. I want to claim last place before it goes begging. I pulled all of my vines up because I needed the space and also figured I wouldn't have anything worth mentioning anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last contender is a little more squat, but also growing strong in this weather. Pushed past my max circumference for this year, so I must be doing something right... or lucky.

    ReplyDelete